Thursday, December 17, 2009

Horrible Parenting Gone Wild

So a while back, I fell asleep watching The Daily Show. In the middle of the night, Owen got up to go to the bathroom and decided to check and see if I was home from teaching class. I had been through a long day and was completely exhausted, so I didn't even notice that he was laying over me.

Meanwhile, Tim had heard Owen get up, but never heard him go back to bed, so thankfully he got up to search the house for the little guy. I woke up to, "Jess! What are you doing!?" Dazed and confused, I found Owen, mouth agape, staring at a commercial for Girls Gone Wild. I was horrified! I don't even let him watch superhero cartoons, and here he was getting quite the eyeful of drunken idiots. I rummaged for the remote as fast as I could and turned the stupid thing off, but you just can't make a kid un-see things. Tim said Owen must have been downstairs for 5 minutes. We asked Owen what he saw, and he said that the people were acting bad. We agreed with him and asked him if he should have watched. He got embarrassed. He knew he shouldn't have, although I don't know of any kids who wouldn't watch at all. The new rule in our house for parents is set the sleep timer on the TV. For kids, if it's bad, turn it off.

1 comment: