Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Blake and Sadie's First Birthday

Okay, well, yes, their birthday was in September, but I got behind on the blog. Eh, whatcha gonna do? So, back in September, we had the twins' first birthday party which was a lot like Owen's first party. We had family over, and I cooked: ham, green beans, and mashed potatoes. Again, I probably went a little overboard, but honestly I really enjoy it. It was Yo Gabba Gabba themed because they dance around to the music on that show, and it worked out pretty well for a girl and a boy. I made t-shirts, decorations, and gabba-fied the presents. I think having decorations and little details makes the day feel out of the ordinary and special. I'm not Martha Stewart. I don't sacrifice enjoying myself in order to have everything perfect - just special. I'd probably even do it more often, but our house had a hard time accommodating even our little birthday crowd. It's not like the babies cared this year, but I love knowing that one day they'll have fun pictures to look back on. This first year with Blake and Sadie has been...a challenge...a test...a blessing. I love them so much. They've added so much to our family. One of the big presents from Mommy and Daddy was this teeter totter. I thought it was such a great idea for twins. It turned out I was right because they play on it everyday, but they also fall off of it everyday too. Maybe I should have waited a while on this one. We did cake outside to spread out the crowd, and hey, our house is carpeted. Owen was so excited to help. I think he really got into the idea of doing something special for someone else. He likes the role of big brother and felt just as special as he would have if it were his birthday.
Sadie didn't care much for the cake or ice cream (guess she's more of a chocolate girl like me). Blake, however, LOVED the ice cream. He didn't feel like waiting for Tim to give him a bite with the spoon. Just shove it all in, right?
Ha ha, glad Tim was the one holding Blake. I got the neat one this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment