Monday, August 3, 2009

Mommy Weekend

A few weekends ago, I took the kids on a trip to visit my old college friend, Staci, and her family. Angie was also coming. Angie has been Staci's friend since middle school, and she and I clicked very quickly when I met her a few years ago the first time we got together for a mommy weekend. So, we had my 3, Staci's kids Emily, Michael, and Natalie, and Angie's daughter Julia. The four older kids played together so seamlessly that we hardly saw them most of the time. Natalie is 18 months and was very sweet to my crawling twosome.


Our rules for the weekend? Don't stress about cleaning up. Don't stress about following all the rules. Don't stress about sticking to a tight schedule. Have fun.



Spider-Owen and Iron-Mike playing hardcore 20 minutes into the weekend.






Lunch (we mommies almost forgot to feed them!)




Dance Party time! Sorry about making the curtains fall down Staci. You put those back up in no time. Wish you would share your technique with me. I can't do that kind!




Baby gathering: Blake, Sadie, Natalie, and ?? baby of another friend who came over Saturday night.



The baby gate was quickly rendered useless since they had plenty of safe-zones to crawl around in. They could loop around the upstairs and as long as all the doors were shut, we were in the clear. So? We spiraled it around, covered it with blankets, and the big kids used it as a fort downstairs all weekend.




Natalie and Sadie: This could be the beginning (hopefully) of a beautiful friendship!





This picture was taken around midnight when the big kids FINALLY tuckered out.
We had lots of fun, and I wish it had lasted a little longer. Especially with the kids staying up so late, the three of us ladies did not get enough time to just talk and enjoy each other's company. My friendship with Staci is so important to me because she knew me through that phase of life where we were all just finding ourselves. She knew me when I was a little wild and crazy, and now it's like we're in the same place in our lives. We're both moms of young kids trying to figure it out. There is an easiness in talking with Staci and Angie. It seems like we're on the same page. With the three of us, there is no judgment, and we are sure to get honest, good advice from each other about family, marriage, health, and just about anything else. Our get-togethers are far and few between, but so valuable and fun. I wish we lived closer.
PS - Owen has been asking to call Michael at bedtime every night this week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment