Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Oh Blakey....





This afternoon, Blake was a handful. First, he learned to pull his sister's hair. She would scream; he would laugh, laugh, laugh. We've had our baby fence for 3 days now, and it has already proven to be less useful than we had hoped. The plan was to have a SAFE place to let the kiddos roam while I made dinner and such. So much for safe. If I don't want to have a bald baby girl, I can't leave the two in there together.

During dinner, Blake surprize attacked me, knocking an entire bowl of baby food under the table, splattering a good 6x3 foot area. I have tried to clean it all up, but you know how there are those messes that never get fully cleaned up because you always seem to miss a spot. It's one of those.

And, after bath while I was diapering his sister, Blake found a tag from his new pj's and took a bite. Shame on me for letting it lay on the floor in the first place, but I am not a wonderful housekeeper. Seems like I could spend my entire day cleaning just for the house to be a complete disaster again five minutes later. I'd rather spend my entire day doing something more important. Anyway, I tried to pry his mouth open and find the piece he'd eaten. I tried to do a finger sweep. He's got two new top teeth now to match his bottom two, and man can he bite hard! Ouch! Blaker Bear just kept gnawing away at that piece of paper. I couldn't see it, couldn't find it, couldn't get it out of his mouth, until eventually I guess he must have swallowed it. I wonder if that's on the "okay" list of foods for a 9-month-old.


As much as I had those "pull your hair out" moments today, I also had some "melt your heart" ones. That's what's so great about being a mom. There are so many little things that make you smile every day: Blake's chuckle when I tickled him, his banana filled smile during breakfast, his interaction with Owen and Sadie while they played a new game called "All on-the-board". Owen meant to say all aboard as he drug his giggling, squealing babies up and down the hallway on his blanket. And now as Blake sleeps so sweetly, all of my frustration over today's chaos has gone, and I can't help but smile down at my sweet baby boy.

1 comment: