Thursday, September 10, 2009

Owenisms Part 2


While playing I Spy, Owen says, "I spy with my little eye, something that is blowy uppy....your booty!" He was not trying to be funny either. Well, there's some motivation to get to the Y.

"Will the babies talk in Spanish or English?"

While at Target: "Mom, how many times do I have to tell you? I told you 8 times I wanted to go to the toy area." He gives me the same look I give him.
"Owen, we are going to get the other things we need first. If you whine one more time, we won't go to the toy area at all." We continue shopping for 30 seconds.
"Okay, I'm not whining. Since I didn't whine, can we go to the toy area now?"

To anyone who will listen: "Space just keeps going and going." What a conversation starter. This fact absolutely amazes him. He can't get over it.

Anytime he wants to comfort a crying baby: "Awww. It's okay. You're not by yourself."

All day, he sings this song: "Blakey the cakey, cakey penguin!!" I have no idea. There are variations. "Sadie the Janie, lady penguin!!" "Mommy the lommy, lommy penguin!!"

Things I will never get tired of hearing him say even though he says them constantly:
"I just love you, Mom."
"I need a hug."
"I'm so cold." and "Will you warm me up?" both of which mean 'Give me a hug.'
"Can I have some chocolate-milk-so-I-can-drink-the-chocolate-milk-part?"

1 comment: