Saturday, March 6, 2010

Owenisms #5

On Monday nights, when I teach ENG 201 out at USI, Tim and the kids have pizza night. When the pizza guy showed up and dinner was served, Owen told Tim, "This pizza sets me free!"

"Molly, don't go out there. You don't want to get your fleas wet!" Yelled to our cat who does not have fleas, but did run out into the rain as we did our normal 3 trips into the house (one for each baby and one for the stuff)

While we were the only family playing at the Chick-fil-a playground, two little girls came in. Owen was up in the tunnels when the oldest girl (6-ish) asked him where her sister was. Owen was on a mission to find the younger sister (3-ish), and after he did, he went back up the tunnel to inform the big sis. When he came down the slide, he got right up next to me and said very seriously, "Mom, I think I'm starting to like woman." Woman, not women. Oh my.

"Dad, I'm starting to fall in love with Wheely." Wheely is a little Transformer.

On an ordinary day in March, "You deserve a Mother's Day. I'm gonna give you this day for mothers." Nothing else happened that day, but it may have been my favorite day this March.

"Do you know why they call it a pacifier? So that if you were in a burning building, your mouth wouldn't get burnt when you were getting out."

1 comment: